Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Pâté Feline with Chicken
Kidneys role is to filter waste and toxins from the blood, and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. As pets are getting older, damage to kidney tissues may occur. This process is irreversible, and will lead to further loss of kidney function. Renal Cats may also experience loss of appetite and their caloric intake might decline, which may lead eventually to loss of muscle mass.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet® k/d®, clinical nutrition to support your cat's kidney function and help sustain muscle mass. In fact, the nutrition of k/d is clinically tested nutrition to improve & lengthen quality of life.
How It Works:
- Controlled phosphorus & low sodium
- High level of essential amino acids - the building blocks of muscle protein
- Therapeutic levels of L-Carnitine and Omega-3 fatty acids
How It Helps:
- Protects vital kidney & heart function
- Supports your cat's natural ability to build lean muscle daily
- S+OXSHIELDTM: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
100% Satisfaction Guarantee We're confident your pet will enjoy Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ foods. We're so confident that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee.*
Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® Feline is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your cat needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion
- Gradually transition to your pet's new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry food, canned food & treats.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets and children.
Daily Feeding Guide
Body Weight(kg) Cans 156 g 2 2/3 - 3/4 3 3/4 - 1 1/4 4 1 - 1 1/2 5 1 1/4 - 1 2/3 6 1 1/3 - 2 7 + 1/4 per kg
Mixed Daily Feeding Guide
Body Weight(kg) Cans 156 g Dry grams 2 1/2 10 3 1/2 25 4 1 10 5 1 20 6 1 30 7 + 1 7 per kg
Hill's® Prescription Diet® k/d® Pâté Feline is a complete dietetic pet food for the support of renal function in cases of chronic or temporary renal insufficiency in adult cats. This dietetic pet food has a low level of phosphorus and a restricted level of protein of high quality.
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
with Chicken: Pork, chicken (10%), dried egg, brewer's rice, various sugars, animal fat, minerals, digest, rice starch, cellulose, fish oil, soybean oil, vitamins, taurine, trace elements and L-carnitine.
Nutrient Dry Matter1
Protein 30.0 Fat 23.0 Crude Fiber 2.4 Carbohydrate / NFE 38.9 Calcium 0.85 Sodium 0.24 Potassium 1.11 Magnesium 0.055 Omega-3-fatty acids 1.03
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.