Roll over image to zoom in
Hill's PRESCRIPTION DIET
a/d Dog/Cat Food
Nutritional support that encourages eating for pets recovering from surgery, illness or injury
Small Breed, Medium Breed, Large Breed
Puppy/pregnant/nursing, Kitten/pregnant/nursing, Adult, Senior
OR YOUR MONEY BACK
If you are unsatisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement
Cats and dogs can undergo significant metabolic changes when recovering from surgery, illness or injury. While under these stressful conditions, your pet is challenged to maintain their strong natural defenses which makes it even more important to feed the right food to help your pet bounce back from these tough situations.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet a/d, clinically proven nutrition specially formulated for dogs and cats recovering from surgery, illness or injury so you can feel confident you are giving your pet your best.
How it works:
- High levels of digestible protein and fat to support recovery
- Smooth, soft, moist and unique consistency, stirring makes it more liquid, to enable multiple feeding options
- Clinically proven antioxidants to support immune function & healing
How it helps:
- Energy dense and rich in calories to provide the energy needed during recovery
- Exceptional taste to encourage eating
- Maximum flexibility in feeding - by hand, bowl, spoon, syringe or tube - to deliver the essential nutrients critically ill pets need
- Bolsters immune system and supports your pet's natural ability to heal
Hill's Prescription Diet a/d is intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding only. Not recommended for long-term feeding (more than 6 months). Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your pet to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
INGREDIENTS: COMPOSITION: Meat and animal derivatives, cereals, oils and fats, minerals, various sugars, eggs and egg derivatives. Highly digestible ingredients: Turkey liver, pork liver, chicken, maize, fish oil.
Critical care — Cage rest
|Weight of Cat - kgs||Amount per Day - 5.5 oz (156 g) cans|
|7+||20 g per kg|
Critical care — Cage rest
|Weight of Dog — kgs||Amount per Day - 5.5 oz (156 g) cans|
|60+||20 g per kg|
Hill's Prescription Diet a/d Dog/Cat Food is a complete dietetic pet food for dogs and cats. This dietetic pet food is intended for nutritional restoration (convalescence) and feline hepatic lipidosis, and has a high energy density, a high concentration of essential nutrients and highly digestible ingredients.
Ask your veterinarian for specific feeding instructions for your pet. This is only a guide. Grams are the most accurate form of measurement.
For best results:
– Gradually transition to this new food for 7 days or more.
– Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry and wet foods.
– Keep fresh water available at all times.
– Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
– To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets & children.
183.3 kcal (156 g) can
|Carbohydrate / NFE||13.3 %|
|Crude Fiber||0.1 %|
|Crude Ash||9.8 %|
|BCAA Total||7.36 %|
|Glutamine + Glutamate||5.59 %|
|Vitamin A||196953 IU/kg|
|Vitamin D||1538 IU/kg|
|Vitamin E||768 IU/kg|
|Omega-3-fatty acids||2.44 %|
|Omega-6-fatty acids||6.71 %|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.