How can the
right food help?
Your vet may prescribe drugs and may also recommend feeding your cat special nutrition, because the right food can help your cat regain full health more quickly.
The right food can help your cat recover more quickly
- To help your cat feel better without the need for surgery, the right food is formulated to dissolve sterile struvite stones in as little as 14 days.1
- To get your cat eating early on to recover quickly, the right food is formulated to have a great taste your cat will love.
- To help reduce discomfort in cases of FIC (Feline Idiopathic Cystitis), the right food is formulated with high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- To achieve a healthy weight in overweight or obesity-prone cats, the right food is formulated with reduced levels of fat and energy, an increased level of fibre and a high level of L-carnitine to help burn fat
- Reduces recurrence of struvite and oxalate stones through controlled pH (6.2-6.4) – suitable for long-term feeding.
What do you need to do as soon as you get home?
Increasing your cat's water intake will help to reduce occurrence of FLUTD. The more urine your cat produces, the harder it is for crystals and stones to form.Five tips to encourage your cat to drink more:
- Place water in several extra places around the house.
- Try introducing a water fountain or gently dripping tap.
- Experiment with bowls of different depths and shapes.
- Add water to the food.
- You can feed the equivalent wet formulas
Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ Feline c/d Multicare canned
or Tender Chunks in Gravy (pouches)
Keep your cat happy
Reducing the stress in your cat's life helps to maintain a healthy bladder.
- Give your cat opportunities to scratch, climb and rest
- Cats like high vantage points
- Cats need private areas where they feel unthreatened
- Maintain an inviting litter box
- Spend time interacting with your cat